So you have decided to to shift to eco-sustainable option for cleaning your hair ! Yay :) The usual question is how to use shampoo and conditioner bars? Check out our tips below :
1. Make sure your hair is thoroughly wet from root to tip
2. Rub the wet shampoo bar between your hands or puff to create a nice lather.
3. Using your fingers like a comb, smooth the lather down the length of your hair. If your lather is not foamy enough, add more water.
4. Gently massage it into the scalp and hair, as you would with a bottled shampoo
5. Work up a really good lather
6. Rinse well. Make sure to cover those areas above the nape too.
Is there a transition period?
For many users they do not experience this but there are some users including myself that went through a transition after first using a shampoo bar. During transition period, your hair may feel rather heavy, oily or waxy. They call it the "the purge" and is attributed to the adjustment to balance scalp oil production. Most commercial shampoos have ingredients that can strip the hair of natural oils making your scalp produce excess oil to compensate. On the other hand, Syndet type shampoo bars use mild surfactants and conditioning ingredients that gently cleanse your hair and scalp. The transition period may last from a few days to weeks depending on hair type and hair products used in the past.
We have also used found the joy and benefits of using shampoo brush. These brushes have soft silicone bristles that can help lather your hair and gently exfoliate your scalp of dirt and build-up. Check this product out in our shop :)
Congratulations for making the shift and enjoy your shampoo bar experience ^_^ We can help save the seas from single use plastic one shampoo bar at a time.